Quick Question: Did you eat breakfast this morning?
Of all the meals we eat, breakfast gets the least respect.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
1 – Breakfast is the most skipped meal. As many as 25% of us skip it every day!
2 – It’s often an afterthought – or even a problem! Because …
3 – When we do eat it, we want something that’s fast and requires no/little effort.
4 – And it’s even better if we can eat (or drink) our breakfast on the run.
The fact is, there are a LOT of studies investigating whether we even need to eat breakfast in the first place.
However, many of those studies have linked eating breakfast to being healthier, losing more weight and balancing your hormones.
People who eat breakfast tend to have:
- Lower levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol,
- Less risk of getting diabetes, heart disease, or being overweight.
- Better memory and concentration.
People that eat breakfast have a smaller appetite during the day, make healthier food choices and sleep better.
Plus, men that eat breakfast will lose more belly fat, boost testosterone, and build more muscle.
If you are skipping breakfast, often this hurts your body’s ability to control your blood sugar throughout out the day.
When it comes to breakfast PROTEIN is the key macronutrient!
When you eat enough protein during breakfast, it has a positive effect on your body all day long.
Most people eat the majority of their protein for dinner according to the American Society of Nutrition, it’s important to eat a source of protein with each and every meal.
A protein filled breakfast will help you:
- Helps your body repair and build muscle
- Release hormones that keep you felling full
- Improves blood sugar control for hours
- Boost calorie burn (which leads to more FAT BURN)
- Can help cut back on unhealthy snack cravings throughout the day and night
Whenever possible it’s important to get your nutrition from REAL whole foods as whole foods contain more nutrients your body needs like fiber, vitamins, minerals and more.
Whole foods will keep you feeling fuller longer
THE PROBLEM: it can be very challenging getting enough protein in your diet, especially when you don’t have time to cook your breakfast, so supplementing with a HIGH-QUALITY Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate that is non-GMO is KEY!
The fact is, what you eat effects how you feel – starting from the moment you wake up.
When you start your day with a healthy breakfast, it sets you up to WIN THE DAY!
Your breakfast doesn’t always have to be boring eggs, oatmeal or a smoothie, you can have your PANCAKE and eat it to.
Today I am going to hook you up with a 5 Minute Vanilla Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake which was both super delicious and healthy!
The great thing is that we felt so great and full of energy after we had these pancakes…check it out and follow our 5 Minute Protein Pancake Recipe below
Vanilla Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
- Flourish Protein Pancake Mix or any pancake mix
- 5 scoop LeanPro30 Vanilla Grass Fed Protein
- Stevia Sweetened Healthy KRISTA Chocolate Chips (2 handful)
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Pour the Pancake Mix into a mixing bowl and slowly add water ad stir until it reaches pancake batter consistency that you want
- You might have to add a little more liquid or protein powder depending on the consistency desired.
- Stir in your chocolate chips – 2 handfuls
- Over a medium heat, heat up a frying pan that’s been coated with PAM nonstock spray. When it’s hot, scoop the batter with a spoon, to form your desired size of pancake.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and when the edges start to turn brown, flip it over to cook the other side
- Place pancakes on a plate and top with sugar free maple syrup and enjoy!